Introducing the new Affiliate Membership structure
In 2017 we played a leading role in:
- Providing a united voice to Government on issues affecting our members,
- Conducting an Economic Impact Research Project which provided an initial estimate of the value of “Nature Based” Outdoor Activities in NSW,
- Providing key guidance and feedback on the development of the Australian Adventure Activity Standards,
- Supporting the National UPLOADS Risk Management project,
- Upskilling our Volunteer Management Committee with Governance Training to maintain professionalism in conducting the work of Outdoors NSW.
- Supporting the review of the Outdoor Recreation Training package product.
- Conducting various workshops around Child Safety, Media Training, Learning in the Outdoors and Risk Management.
- Growing a collaborative partnership with the Office of Sport to identify relevant projects for the outdoors community.
- Communicating regularly to members through Newsletters and Social Media.
In 2018 Outdoors NSW voted on a more inclusive membership structure to better represent the diverse range of organisations wanting to support the work of Outdoors NSW.
We laid the groundwork for this in 2017 by introducing a “Practitioner” level membership to allow individuals to become more involved. Our new structure now offers further membership options to enable the Education sector and Small business to have a more accessible option. We have removed our joining fee and introduced the new Affiliate membership structure. Our decision to restructure the fees is to increase the accessibility to Outdoors NSW to schools and small businesses (smaller providers and start ups). The new options are:
Affiliate Freelancer $100 + gst
Freelancers, Casuals, Individuals
- 10% discount on all professional development events & workshops, including our annual conference;
- Opportunities to take up Special offers from our partners;
- The Outdoors NSW logoto upload to your website, email signature and printed materials; see USE OF LOGO information;
- An Outdoors NSW certificate and membership number
Affiliate School $220 + gst
For pre-schools through to secondary schools
- All of the ABOVE* and
- Constitutional voting rights
- Your own school listing & page on the Affiliate School section of our website
- *10% discount for 5 staff
Affiliate Member $350 + gst
Companies and businesses with less than 5 permanent staff
- All of the ABOVE and
- Your own business/organisational listing & page in the Affiliate Members section on our website;
- An opportunity to be ‘the in kind sponsor’ of each monthly newsletter, which is distributed to thousands of subscribers
Affiliate Plus Member $700 + gst
Outdoor Providers, Universities, sector corporates and Not For Profit’s with 5+ permanent staff
- All of the ABOVE
- Your own business/organisational listing & page in the Affiliate Plus Members section on our website
Summit Partner $4500
All of the ABOVE and more. Please call us to discuss the Summit Partnership. Some of the summit partnership benefits include:
- Summit partner recognition on our Website and Social Media;
- Newsletter by-lines (two per year);
- Conference recognition with your logo on event invitation, banner display, acknowledgement, insert in conference delegate packs;
- Exclusive sponsorship of a forum/workshop event with free attendance to two of your staff
- Logo and recognition in our Annual Report
Join by visiting: http://outdoorsnsw.org.au/membership/membership-form/
See the breakdown table here: Outdoors NSW Membership Structure 2018
Outdoors NSW is a member driven organisation, recognised nationally and by government as the peak industry body representing the interests of the outdoor community (recreation, education, adventure tourism and therapy providers and participants) in NSW.
We’re a member-based not-for-profit (NFP) that receives modest government funding and partnership assistance to support our members and serve the people of New South Wales – as well as visitors to our state – by helping them to get outside and experience the benefits of:
As an Outdoors NSW member, you help us to represent the interests of all outdoor community users in NSW. The greater the membership numbers, the stronger voice we share and the more we can achieve.
Our purpose is to raise the profile, increase participation, and develop capacity and opportunity for positive outdoor experiences, environmental and cultural activities in NSW, and play a leading role in promoting and developing the outdoors community in NSW and beyond.
We do this through representation of members and member groups, promotion of members and outdoor activities, advocacy with government and land/water managers
We also work with industry professionals to further the professionalism and integrity of our industry, and membership to Outdoors NSW enables the collective local voice of NSW outdoor operators to be heard at all levels of government, empowering us to help shape the future of our own industry.
We welcome membership applications from organisations and individuals involved in the outdoor industry.
Membership to Outdoors NSW is available to any commercial, not-for-profit, volunteer, educational or government organisation, group, association, body or individual and offers a range of benefits that will assist you and / or your organisation to provide high quality outdoor experiences.
In short, are you one of the following: