Executive Officer – Outdoors NSW
- Exciting new leadership opportunity
- Flexible work arrangements
- 12-month contract
Outdoors NSW is the peak body for the outdoors in NSW. The go-to place for all things outdoors in NSW, the organisation represents the outdoor community, advances outdoor standards, safety and practices, and fosters greater participation in the outdoors. Outdoors NSW is a member based organisation providing advocacy, information services, sector coordination, representation, research and policy development.
On behalf of Outdoors NSW this exciting new role will lead the development of a sustainable outdoor recreation sector that is valued by the community and government. Bringing a passion for the outdoors, this role will be the principal officer leading the development and implementation of strategies to support future growth of the outdoor recreation sector.
The key responsibilities include:
- Develop a 3-year strategic plan
- Build the membership base
- Secure sustainable revenue streams for Outdoors NSW
- Develop strategic partnerships
- Manage Outdoors NSW operations
- Represent NSW Outdoor community on National bodies and working groups
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated leadership capability to inspire teams and the wider community
- Demonstrated record in working effectively with a Board of Management at senior management level
- Demonstrated senior management capability within a complex operating environment
- Experience in developing multi-year strategic, financial and business plans including demonstrated ability to attract, manage and acquit government and non-government funds
- Demonstrated capability to build professional relationships and strategic partnerships with diverse groups, including government, sector organisations and peak bodies, media, practitioners, volunteers and community
- Demonstrated project management capability within a resource limited environment
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the outdoor education and outdoor recreation sector
- Demonstrated capability to optimize the use of technology to achieve organizational goals.
This position will be based at Olympic Park, Sydney, NSW with options to work from home.
For more information about Outdoors NSW visit https://www.outdoorsnswact.com.au/
For an information pack, please contact Joelle Breault-Hood at email@example.com.
To apply, please send in a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Friday 7th December 2018
All employees of Outdoors NSW are required to hold a current Working with Children Check and Australian Federal Police Check. Please include a copy in your application, or note your willingness and ability to obtain these checks to meet our requirements.